Sunday, September 23, 2012

Ahoy, landlubber! Look out for Captain Neil!

This year was the 10th anniversary of Aaaarghs! 
(Don't miss out next year mark September 19 on your calendar.)

We decided a pirate theme for his 1st birthday would be fun.
Neil was not a willing participant, but we got a picture of him wearing his eye patch. 
He is so embarrassed by this picture, so don't tell him you saw it. 

He loved his cake. Who doesn't like the All American Chocolate cake from Costco? 
Arrgh! No pirate party would be complete without bandannas, eye-patches, and tattoos.



"Hand over the loot, or I'll make ya walk the plank!" That was Izzy's favorite saying. Corban wanted to call it booty, but I think he just wanted to be able to reference a booty without getting in trouble. Oh, 7 year-old boys and potty humor. Does it keep getting worse? 

Izzy continues to wear her pirate costume (that is what she calls the patch and bandanna). 
She is probably wearing her costume right now.

Thanks to everyone who was able to attend.
 ~
 We also had a party at my parents house the previous Sunday. 
My Uncle Gary and his wife Michelle were in town. It was a fun day. 
I LOVE this picture that my dad took!

My kids wanted to eat all of these cupcakes. The birds on them are rings. They wanted one of each.

The topper on the little cake was plastic....it took the frosting with it when we pulled it off. Oh, well.


He probably was mad that it wasn't chocolate.

Thanks, Mom and Dad for a great party.

See you in another 4 months... that's about as often as I update this blog.

3 comments: