Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Determined Little Girl

A couple days ago Izzy matter-of-factually told me she "knows how to ride a 2 wheeler now."
She wanted her training wheels off. I was concerned that the bike is still slightly tall for her, but told her to ask her dad to take them off.
Well, he did and she fell. . . and fell. . . and fell. But, she got back up, and took a breath and pretended she wasn't hurt even when I could tell that some of the falls were getting to her. She was making minimal progress and I asked if she wanted the trainers back on the bike. She refused and repeated to me the line about knowing how. We cheered her on and kept telling her "good fall," "keep practicing," and "try again."
Yesterday she hardly touched the bike.

This video was this evening. . .

video

She is incredible, determined, and so proud of herself. She should be. She proved me wrong.
She is headstrong like her momma.

She still has "rough landings" and is figuring it all out, but she rode her bike a bunch of times up and down the cul-de-sac in front of our house. I am so happy for her. She is such a big girl.

No comments: