Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Definitely Pregnant.

I have been feeling quite pregnant lately. I am only 25 weeks/around 6 months pregnant. I will include a picture, but I don't really like it. Corban was kind enough to take it.
Not a great picture, but this is my belly today.
6/8/11
Not that I didn't feel pregnant before, but it was less "noticeable." I was tired or sick. 1st trimester was fine, but I just didn't like food. 2nd trimester is the best. I love 2nd trimester. I may have had a few other minor issues but most things I can deal with (read: ignore) and still function as if I wasn't pregnant. Well, there have been a few hormonal days. They deserve to be mentioned. Silly hormones.

My main "symptoms" as of late:
-I had my first stranger-touching-my-belly-without-permission encounter. Those are always ... fun.
-Heartburn is starting to become a daily thing. It's not terrible yet, but I am prepared with my filled prescription.
-I can feel baby making himself at home in there; Acting like he owns the place. He moves like crazy sometimes, but he is still too little for me to share the magic that is feeling a baby move under the skin.
-I also have been feeling a little pressure on my ribs already. Oh, boy. It starts. I guess with 3rd trimester right around the corner I should expect this.
-I've also been having strange dreams again, but I think that is mostly because I fall asleep watching reruns of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I must say I am getting pretty good at hunting down demons and vampires.

Anyway, I am getting excited for Baby/John the Baptist/Neil/He-who-has-not-been-named to join our family. (I will probably never decide on a name. Any suggestions?) I am still a little nervous. The fact that we are going to have a 3rd child is feeling very real. I guess it is time I start taking stock of what I have and buying necessities. Plus, I might be crazy enough to be cloth diapering this time around... still trying to decide. I had no idea there are so many options.

After he took the picture of my belly Corban wanted a picture of us all. 
P.S. I have been thinking much about labor and delivery. I have many ideas/things I want to try. My doctor said he is fine about me not wanting to be "strapped to the bed" and will just intermittently check the baby. HOORAY for that! I hate just lying there. This way I can get up and move around instead of just lying there relying on petocin to do the work for me. :) We shall see. Like I said, I have many ideas, and I am just glad that the doctor didn't shoot any of them down. But I am sure once I get into the delivery room I will be requesting my usual order of "Ok, I think I need the epidural right now."

3 comments:

Bradley said...

Have a water birth and name him Aquaman! HA HA, kidding, Demons and Vampires eh? How are you doing with Zombies? But really, name him Bradley (again kidding). Very excited for you!

Lindsay said...

You look cute! I am excited to meet my new nephew. I loved feeling Ian move around when I was pregnant. I agree, second trimester is the best. :)

Ashley said...

You have a cute little belly!
I am still adjusting to having a third. Luckily my girls are pretty self sufficient and can function even if I am up to my eyeballs in baby! It has been a little interesting to make sure they all feel 'taken care of' in their own ways. I am sure when I start venturing out on my own that I will feel completely overwhelmed! Def takes some getting use to having a baby again! Anyway, sorry to ramble. :) Love you lots and hope you are doing and feeling good. Hope the summer heat doesn't get too much for ya!