Monday, November 8, 2010

How do you do it?

"A wise parent would never miss a chance to gather children together to learn of the doctrine of Jesus Christ. Such moments are so rare in comparison with the efforts of the enemy. For every hour the power of doctrine is introduced into a child's life, there may be hundreds of hours of messages and images denying or ignoring the saving truths."
Henry B. Eyring


After reading this quote I thought about how many ways there are to teach my kids the doctrine of Jesus Christ: reading, singing, talking to them after a "naughty" moment, being a good example, etc. Corban is loving learning hymns (so far), and all I do is sing them acapella  before prayer at bed. We have only done 2 so far, but he requests them over all other songs. Why didn't I do this before? :)

They also even want me to read scriptures sometimes, when at first it was "ah, mom. Not that book again." Seriously. They didn't like it, and now Corban will tell me to get my scriptures out at bedtime.

What are some ways that you teach your children good things? 

I would love great ideas for sporadic learning as well as planned moments (like FHE).

No comments: