Thursday, October 21, 2010

Life took over.

A few things have happened since August.
I am not going to apologize for being MIA. Life took over and I was doing what I needed to be doing. It's true. I like the truth. I still have been Facebooking, but I can do that on my phone. :)

UPDATES:

-Corban went back to school. He loves Kindergarten and he gets to be in the regular class. Only very minor problems to report. One example: whistling, humming, making noises while he is working.

-I started watching more kids. I have 1-4 extra kids a day. I almost have it under control too! There were some really hard days for a while. Learning to juggle everything else (housework, bills, yard work, showering, etc.) has been a bit of a trial, but I really am getting the hang of it. It is even fun sometimes. It has helped me grow as a person. I love all the kids that I care for and I am glad they are in my life. I really am lucky. I am just practicing for when I am a grandma. You know, watch the kids and then you get to give them back.

-I am close to being done with my Personal Progress. This will be my 2nd medallion. This has really been a great thing in my life. The program is wonderful and it helps create good habits. I am so thankful for my calling with the YW. I love them so much. This calling has taught me so many things and I learn so much. I always thought I had so much to offer the YW and really I have gained more than I ever thought I could from them. They are fabulous. Each of them is so important.

-I had a birthday a few days ago. I am not even 30 yet. A few years back I seriously thought I was turning thirty, so I just feel like I should be 32 or something.

-I am not getting any smaller, but I am working on it.... in a turtle kind of way. I try to walk more and exercise when I can, but I love junk food and really just need to cut back. I am cutting back on the junk food, but I just haven't cut back enough yet. I will. Healthy me will make a comeback. It's cool. Winter is coming up and I just might need my fat layers to keep me warm. You never know.

-Izzy is almost toilet trained!!!! We are good for number 1 now. Number 2.... I don't want to talk about it.
Great job Isabelle!

-Dave is still commuting. Poor guy. He works so hard for us. We are lucky to have him.

-The kids are healthy.

-We have a working porch light. It hasn't worked since we moved in. Dave is amazing. He also put in a couple ceiling fans. He is so talented!

-The saddest order of business... the pup is living happily with a family in Provo. It was just too much for me to do all that we have been doing and then add a new puppy on to that. He was a good dog. Super cute. We miss him.

If you made it this far you actually care about what has been going on in our lives. Thanks. The blog is a back burner item. I wish I could make cute posts all the time, but it just isn't a necessity. I will update when I can. Facebook is just more simple. :)

There is never enough time in the day and I working on simplifying/having a good system to cut back on stress.

I am a work in progress.

I love you.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I have been feeling the same way about blogging lately. It was fun to see you and your family today. Love you!