Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Remind you of anyone?

Alright, so I got a little carried away yesterday while trimming my hair.
I went from this....
(I am lady in the back, next to "Marty Jr." and holding the little sheila in the red dress.)

to this...
Of course, you want to see the back.
(Corban took this picture.)

I know, you are thinking you have seen this cut before.
I didn't realize how similar it was to Izzy's cut until I was done.
I am destined to be my daughter's twin.

The side view.

I really didn't mean to go this short. I was going to go a couple inches shorter and one of the layers looked choppy. I had a Danielle come over and she tried to get it to look right, but she was being timid and just kept saying she hadn't cut hair much. I told her not to be scared... It's hair, it will grow back. She had to leave before she could fix it because of an appointment, so I did what had to be done and chopped it all off. What do you think?

With or without bangs? 


I kind of like to have both options, but I am thinking of just letting them (the fringe) grow out. I have had the bangs for maybe 8 months. Dave does not like the bangs and (come to find out) never really has... they remind him of a certain female neighbor, and he prefers to "see my face." I don't want to look like an old lady. I am so used to the bangs that I am scared of my whole face exposed. Maybe if I wasn't prone to adult breakouts I wouldn't be afraid of my own face.

Oh, well. At least I still have my younth..... on my walk over to the YW General Meeting last saturday, I was near this cute young girl and she, being the friendly gal that she is, started a conversation.We shared what wards we attend and then she told me the school she attends. There was a pause, then she said, "so . . . what school do you go to?"

5 comments:

Stef and ryan said...

love it!!!
i like your bangs too, but what am I saying i'm trying to grow mine out.

Andi said...

I seriously love it! I also love your bangs. I am a big fan of bangs, hence the fact that I have bangs! You are so so so beautiful. I love your blue blue eyes. Love you!

Busty LaRue said...

Super cute, Rach! I can't believe you did it by yourself! That is so awesome. I'm terrified of cutting hair...especially my boys, because they've been so spoiled by my SIL.

Connie said...

So...what school DO you go to?
Love your hair...with and without bangs!

julie said...

Hey Rachel! Long time no see. I think both ways are cute. How nice of that girl to say that! How nice to be mistaken for some one that young. I was once told I look like I'm 40! AAAAAAGGH. He said it was because of my height but still, Yikes!! Good to sort of see you again. glad to see all's well.