Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Funnies

Did anyone else love to read the "funnies" as a kid? That was a favorite Sunday pastime of mine. You know breaking out the 3 page layout of comics that were in color for the Sunday paper was great.

My kids often have moments of their our greatness. Here are a few recent happenings:

Scenario: We are sitting in the car getting ready to go into the C-store (aka Costco. Tangent- Corban calls stores by their first letter... He reads letters not words.Anyway...)

Corban says to Izzy, "When you are big you will have muscles like my mom. Then you can pick up cars and buses and stuff."

Didn't know I could do that!

Scenario: Izzy is sitting at Grandma Nina's table. Corban tells Grandma (from across the room) that he went to a carnival at school. He says he got a ride on a train. Izzy pipes up, "Tickets please," then smiles as her shoulders scrunch up around her ears. She likes to pretend she is a timid child. We know better.

As I think of more I will share them, because my kids are pretty much amazing when they aren't driving me bonkers.

2 comments:

Gordon E. said...

I loved the "tickets please" comment. I also am amazed at how strong a daughter I have. YOU ARE A GENIUS Rachael.
Mom

Scooter and Jessica Plowman said...

Kids say the funniest things! I'm sure I'm going to be laughing at my kids all the time. I'm also really worried that when they bring me their drawings and I can't tell what it is that they will be offended...