Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Don't you smile!

Don't you dare smile at me!

He was in such a sour mood this morning as I was trying to get him out of bed. So, finally I pulled out "old faithful"- "Don't you do it! Don't you dare smile at me." Gets them every time. Brought to you by my own mother. Grandma Nina.

She got mad at us like any mother, but many a time we would be faced with laughing it off with one of her silly antics. If the kids are being naughty or rude you can also tell them to go get back in bed and get up on the other side. Another way my mom dealt with bad moods was by putting out her hand and asking us to give her our bad mood. We didn't always give in, and often it took some pestering, but we usually cracked. Sometimes she would get out a plastic bag and take our bad mood and stuff it inside. "There!" she would say, all better. Thanks mom for the creative mood dealing.

2 comments:

The Burnetts said...

Those are such great ideas! You think they could work on a 1 year old? : )

Scooter and Jessica Plowman said...

That sounds like your mom. She really is great!