Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Amazing!

Last night I ventured out to the movie house, past my bedtime, with all the crazies, to see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I always enjoy midnight releases. The energy and response from the audience is wonderful. It is nearly as entertaining as a movie. How many of you enjoy people-watching as mush as I do? It is fun to see the different groups and what they do to pass the time. We were seated by 9:50. What!? Over two hours before the movie started. Better than standing in line, I guess. We saw the 12:03 movie. When we got out people were standing in line still for the next show time, it was almost 3:00 AM.
The movie was outstanding. My hopes were dashed for a certain scene, but over all I loved it. In fact, the more I think about it, the more I find I enjoyed it. I loved Ginny in this movie. Her character was so strong. For me, I have learned to try not comparing the movies to the books, besides the overall feel and basic plot. I try not to get nitpicky about differences and changes. There were a few things they makers neglected, and some things they completely nailed. My friend Matt, explained why they made the end the way they did that makes sense, and even makes me glad for the way things were “resolved” in the film. Though I have one gripe I can’t shake from my mind. I won’t ruin it for any future viewers, so I will not expand on my issue.
Very entertaining. May be my new favorite of the movies.

1 comment:

Connie said...

I need to get caught up on the previous HP movies before I go see this one. I've heard it's good.