Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Hi! Remember Me?

Well, where to begin? In no particular order, here are some updates:


We have been fishing. Our first time was in North Ogden at Cold Springs Trout Farm. The kids were a bit nervous for a while. We brought home 6 fish. Now, they love fishing. Dave found us a place up Provo Canyon where kids 12 and under can fish. Corban caught two and Izzy caught one. They are lacking in patience. Almost immediately after the line is cast they reel it in.

(P.S. the picture below with Izzy scrunching her face is her counting in the car for a hide and seek game.)






The garden is growing. Maybe not as well as some other gardens, but considering my skills, we are doing fine. I planted onions, carrots, peas, spinach (which we have already been eating), potatoes, pumpkins, corn, cucumbers, melon, one raspberry plant, strawberries (that are not growing, sad), and rosemary. I am getting hopeful for the apple trees- I was scared I had scalped them- I pruned them myself- but they are doing well. I don't think I will get as big a crop as last year, but some is more than none. The grapes are also growing well. There has been too much going on, and, sadly, I didn't get them all pruned. Hopefully they will still produce well.
On a side note, the lawn is getting better, but still not great. I had to pull many, many dandelions by hand- Thank you Andy for the dandelion puller/digger tool.

I really liked the book The Hunger Games. If you want to see more books I've read you can check out my Goodreads profile.
Corban is finished with school for a few weeks. We went to his "graduation" program. He will start a short summer term soon.
We attempted a campout in our back yard. So far, tent=no sleep. We came inside after a while and the kids fell asleep in their cozy beds. We will try again soon, I hope.
We went to the Farm/Petting zoo at Thanksgiving Point with my parents.
(Pictures to come soon.)
I got my hair cut. Many know that already, but if you don't see me regularly you may not know. If you are on Facebook, you may have seen the picture from the day of the cutting.
Well, I believe there are other things, but for now, that is all.
If you have any questions . . .

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Glad to see an update! I miss when people don't post for a long time - but then I have no room to speak, as I have also been lacking in my posts lately!
Sound like you have been having fun! Miss you lots!!!

Lindsay said...

Fun activities.

You are so industrious!

Becca said...

You look really cute. Love the hair!