Thursday, June 18, 2009

Happy 80th Birthday!

My Grandpa, Dale Droubay, recently turned 80!
Happy Birthday Grandpa!!!


We had a dinner at my parents. My kids love going to “Gramma Nina’s” and “Grampa Gordon’s” house. Corban was a bit hopeful that he would get to play in the backyard, but the weather just wasn’t permitting. Who would have guessed we would have weeks of rain in June. This weather is crazy, and I have mushrooms in my lawn to prove it. Oh, how I wish they would go away. Mushrooms are so gross. Anyway, forget that little rant . . .

My grandpa Dale is wonderful. He is loving and generous. He loves poetry and literature. He served a missions in Canada and Argentina. He works hard and always has. He takes care of the house, does yard work and gardening, and takes care of grandma Velma. He loves her so, and is ardently loyal. Everyday he goes to see her and care for her as best he can. He is always trying to find things in his house that may be useful for someone else- he is always trying to help me. He helps others in his neighborhood with yardwork- recently he was sawing limbs off trees for one neighbor. He hasn’t changed much from my childhood. When we were kids our grandparents always had snacks or special drinks for us- fruit roll ups, fruit snacks, etc. To this day he buys treats for my kids so he will always have something for them when we come around. He loves his family and is a great example.
I love you Grandpa!

5 comments:

Connie said...

Very sweet! I'm glad you were able to go celebrate with him. Cute pictures of everyone.

Gordon E. said...

Rachy,
Your grandfather adores you and your wonderful family. I love the photos, such a beautiful family.
Mom

Gordon E. said...

more photos please

Michelle Cox said...

Happy Birthday to your Grandpa Dale, too! He's so sweet! I'm glad to have known him throughout my life, too!

I can't believe how grown up Isabelle looks with her long hair!!!

Can't wait to see you in August!

Scooter and Jessica Plowman said...

Your grandpa is such a sweet man. I'm glad you get to visit him fairly often.