Monday, January 5, 2009

Goodnight Moon

I have so many things I need to add. Maybe while Corban is at school tomorrow I will get a chance to post some updates.

One story I need to write down so I don't forget:

I was sitting in the hall by Corban's room the other night and he was really struggling with the concept of staying in his bed. When he finally calmed down and stayed in place I heard him talking as he and stared at the stars on his ceiling . . .

"good night stars, goodnight closet, goodnight doggie, goodnight mess . . ."

I had to stifle the laughter. He went on saying goodnight to everything for a few minutes and then suddenly was alseep.

He is a riot. That same night he was instructing me on how to go to bed,

"lay down, close your eyes, relax, have good dreams."

4 comments:

Busty LaRue said...

That is so cute! Sometimes we hear Marshy talking to his puppy, or dinosaur, or Elmo as he is falling asleep.

Connie said...

We all need to say "good-night mess" or we'd never go to sleep. I'm glad you're writing down his cute sayings.

Lindsay said...

Corban is a doll! Getting his concerned phone call yesterday made my day!

I will have to make a day trip down there when I am done commuting to work.

Lynners said...

I LOVE it! And what a good mommy to patiently stick by him and help him through that. You're awesome.