Monday, December 1, 2008

Happenings During November -or- A Very Long Post.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!



Singing Time-
I have had a few requests to post more of the Von Langston Children. Be Warned- My kids rarely perform for the camera. Corban's videos did not turn out. So this is the best I could get. If I had a hidden camera I would have better luck. Here are two videos of Izzy.
video video


Corban's New Best Friend
My friend Amanda and her children came for the weekend a few weeks ago. We had a fun time. Amanda and I saw Twilight and Dave watched the kids on opening night. Thank you so much, Davey! Twilight was fun. It was not great, but it was still entertaining. Disappointing. What can you expect though? Books turned to movies can be dodgy. At least we have Harry Potter to anticipate.

I watched her boys on Friday. Corban LOVED having a buddy around. He and Ryan got along well.

They had a ball building a gingerbread house. It turned out very modern, very messy.



Cayden was a dream. He is such a sweet baby! I just want to squeeze him. So Cute!!!!! He is adorable.


Thanksgiving

The kids and I stayed at my parents all week for Thanksgiving. It wasn't as chaotic as I anticipated. It turned out rather well. Honestly, I expected to be stressed out, go home early, or run up to my room crying "Marty, I never want to see you again!" Oh, wait. That last one wasn't mine.


I am always expecting trouble when I take the kids anywhere- That way when I have to apologize for someone's child being punched in the face or stand stoically as one of them throws a fit I am mentally prepared and not as disappointed. I was very pleasantly surprised by how well the kids did. Izzy was a little clingy and whiny, but she is nearing the dreaded terrible two year mark. When Dave came she finally loosened up a bit. She is such a daddy's girl. Corban could not get enough of Alayna's new games- Connect 4 and Trouble. I get daily requests for a trip to the store to get "four" or "trouble." He is so cute. Maybe for Christmas or if he starts using the Potty full-time. Maybe I just need to tell him I DON'T want him to use the toilet. We are using loads of reverse psychology on him lately. It is funny and frustrating, and we are getting used to it.



Corban and Izzy had great fun with their cousins. I really enjoyed the time with my parents and sisters. Dave drove all the way up for Thanksgiving. It was yummy, yummy, yummy. I very much enjoy turkey and mashed potatoes.





Izzy tried extremely hard to keep up with the boys in the yard. Yes, she is wearing an apron under her jacket. Jealous?

Who needs a jungle gym when we have grandpa's truck?

Baby Ian just being his cute self.


I also loved having grandma with us for Thanksgiving dinner. She was wonderful and so sweet. I love my grandparents so dearly. It was great to have everyone together. It felt like old times in a way. I remember many Thanksgiving dinners with Grandma and Grandpa Droubay.

I had to steal this picture from Lindsay's blog (sorry Linds).


There is so much for me to be grateful for in my life. I am grateful for family and friends. I am grateful for my Heavenly Father and the opportunities I have to grow and learn in this life. I am grateful for the Atonement and the Gospel. I am so thankful that Dave works so hard so that I can stay home with our children. I love my kids. I love my husband. I thank all of you for your friendship. I am glad I live in this day and age- indoor plumbing and heating to name a few reasons. I am grateful for our home, our van and food, and I could go on for a long time.
I am so blessed. Life is NOT easy, but with each struggle I gain experience. Without sorrow we cannot not know joy.

I hope you all had a great holiday and that you know I love you.

No comments: