Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Who is this old guy?

Here is the Corbanator's NEW school picture. He is awesome- he looks so grown up. Who would believe he is only 3 1/2? What a blessing he is in our lives. I never knew I could have so much love and frustration combined. Corban has taught me so much about life, about myself, and about love. He truly is an amazing kid. If things are frustrating for me, then it must be so much worse for him. He is amazing. Talking to a friend a while back, she admitted to me that she loves Corban so much, but he has also made her feel more upset than she ever thought she could with a child. I totally related to her. We dubbed it a LOVE/Crazy relationship. He can drive me to tears and irratation, but he can melt your heart in seconds. He is very loving. I am not a perfect mom, probably not even a great mom, but I have been blessed with such sweet kids. I am sure this is how many moms feel. We struggle and succeed over and over.

One of the cutest things he does lately is when he comes up to me with a big cheesy grin, points to his face, and says, "mom, I happy!" and then giving me a tight hug. We try to talk about emotions and so it is darling when he tries to express them to me.

I LOVE YOU CORBAN!!!

10 comments:

Amanda Fullerton said...

He is SO cute! It's hard to believe he is only 3 1/2. That is so cute when he comes up to you and says he's happy and gives you a hug. How wonderful. :) We're trying to work on emotions right now, too. It can be so frustrating.

Connie said...

What a great picture! Corban is one (maybe two) of a kind; an absolute joy and an absolute challenge. His joy outweighs his challenge so he's fun to be around. Brings back lots of fond memories. You are a good mom.

Gordon E. said...

You are wrong Rachy. You are a wonderful mother.
Mom

Kristin said...

Rachy you are a great Mom, I have been there so many times and watched you handle Corbin and I think to myself I couldnt do it! Like the time he was trying to jump off my neighbors deck you were in control and calm and when we got him down you didnt scream you just told him he made a wrong choice and talked to him about it! I love that about you, you are a great Mom DONT EVER SECOND GUESS YOURSELF

Lindsay said...

Corban is such a sweet boy. He really is so thoughtful!

You are such a good mother!

Roylance Rec. Center said...

HI long lost friend...Looks like you're doing great. I love your husband beard...it's hot. :O) I am glad you found me. I put you on my blogger list and check ya out.
Love Ali

Marianne said...

I love your kids yoga idea! I would love for you to do a post about it. I'll make you an author on my blog so you can. I think I just need your email address, which I think I already have. If not, I'll let you know. Thanks for all the great ideas!

Ashley said...

Rachy,
You are a wonderful mom! I also have doubts about my own mothering skills. You are expected to have a baby and know everything! Soooo not true! Especially when every child is so different! All you really can do is love them and hope they will grow up alright! We didn't get much of a chance to talk the other day, but I saw how you dealt with cute Corban, and you realy were amazing! We all struggle with different things our kids do, but we need to just remember that they are precious spirits that our Heavenly Father sent us to watch over; He will help us and guide us.
Love you lots Rach! I was so happy to see you, if only for a minute! let's get together next week!
love ya!
ash

Brian Family said...

Wow what a handsome boy! You should be a proud momma Rach because he is super duper handsome!

Daniel said...

That kid is old. I hope he's at least got a job.


I am Nicole