Thursday, August 21, 2008

The great outdoors and ghosts.

The last week the kids have spent great amounts of time outdoors. They can't get enough!
We have been lucky enough to have extra kids over. I love having friends to hang out with Corban. It makes such a difference in his behavior. It seems, when he sees that all kids have rules and most of them are compliant, that he decides to follow suit. We had Abby, Matthew, and Mason over yesterday and everyone got along wondefully! I love when kids get along.
Brooklyn came on some errands with us on Monday. I haven't heard that much giggling in ages. They were laughing and laughing- in the car, at the dinner table, chasing "ghosts" in the front room. :)

Corban LOVES to play like there are ghosts to hide from and chase. Don't ask me. I don't know why he loves to play ghosts so often. The only explanation I can think of- he likes Scooby Doo. So we have a game that we take turns crawling over to were this alleged ghost is (usually behind the couch) "wrestle" the ghost and then escape back to the others. We were taking turns on Monday and Izzy slid off the couch and hurried to get a turn before someone else went. She is just getting so big! She loves to pretend. What a smart girl.

3 comments:

Amanda Fullerton said...

What fun! "Ghosts" sounds like a blast! I think Ryan would like something like that. Him and Mike play monsters occasionally, where they go and hide in the bed and Mike pretends to be a monster and tickles Ryan. It's hilarious.

marianne said...

Having friends that your kids get along with is the best!
Ghost sounds fun! :)

Becca said...

My kids would love to join in on a game of "ghosts." I hope they can play together soon!