Thursday, August 14, 2008

Exercise, Anyone?

Ok I am reposting this because I found a great post about being fat.

I am still working on my said goal . . . I think I can, I think I can!

When you are done reading my lame post go here . . . This lady is Funny!

Now that swimsuit season is drawing to a close . . .

I find it an excellent chance to consider losing some weight.

Embarrassing as this is, if I put myself out here, then I will have more pressure to follow through with my goals. So, here I am. It's just me, Rachy. I am tired of seeing myself in photos and wishing I could photoshop myself out. Plus, it would be nice if my clothes fit better. hahaha.
Now is as good a time as any, right?
I am ready to lose some weight.

My goal=30 pounds

I think 30 lbs is a reasonable weight loss target. Ideally want to lose 40- that would put me at my pre-pregnancies weight. So if I shoot for 30 and lose more, that is ok with me. :) I have been doing Yoga with Danielle for 2 weeks now on m.w.f. and now Laurelyn started coming. This morning I started walking t.th. with Laurelyn and Brenda up to the water tower. Getting out walked by a pregnant woman is not something I am proud of. My only consolation was the fact that she and Laurelyn have been walking up this mountain side for 5 years.

Wow, I am out of shape.

Ok. I am a shape, just not the one I want to be.

A few of you know my caterpillar joke, but I am tired of being a caterpillar.
I am eating better and trying to moderate treats. I try to stop eating by 7pm. I am a night snacker so that is hard, but it is getting easier. I am not going to cut out treats all together, just keep to small portions and I might even enjoy the treats better- I will be forced to savor them.

What have you done to lose weight or eat healthier?
I would love to hear ideas, stories, successes, failures, etc. Please share. You could even publicly share your own goals. Anything you like.

8 comments:

Gordon E. said...

Wonderful goal. I love your joke about "I am a shape." Funny. You look always beautiful to me. I will do it with you. Not eating late and cutting out the treats. It doesn't seem so hard. Wish I could be there to do Yoga with you. Thanks for letting the kids sing to us on the phone the other night.
Mom

Ashley said...

Rachy,
I am all for being more healthy! Maybe we can motivate each other! I would also LOVE to lose 30+, so the more people you have encouraging the better, right?
I'll let you know how I am doing and you keep me posted -k-

Amanda Fullerton said...

I, like your mom, love your "I am a shape" joke. That made me crack up. I lost a considerable amount of weight in 2006. I can't tell you how though, because I have NO idea, myself! All I did was go to my mom's for Christmas. I was there for six weeks and lost nearly 25lbs. I felt great! I came back to the UK to the dreary wet days and the weight, all but about 10lbs of it, crept back on. I don't know what I did differently. My mom has a theory about me being 'truly' happy, and I'm beginning to wonder if she's right. I control my portion sizes and don't eat after 7pm, yet I still can't lose the weight here in the UK. I'm hoping I can lose the rest of my baby weight before we move so that I can maybe lose what I did when I was at my mom's before, and be where I should be. We'll see.

My goal - is to fit comfortably in a pair of size 10 pants. If I can do that - the number of my weight will be just that. A number.

Good luck, Rachy!

Lindsay said...

When I exercise in the mornings, I wear my exercise clothes, including sports bra, to bed. That way, I hop out of bed, okay, drag myself out of bed, put shoes on and I am ready to go. The only method that has worked for me is eat less and move more.

I will be starting my exercise program once I deliver this baby. I am scared because I have not been great about exercising the last couple months. It is going to be a long road!

The Buxtons said...

I totally know how you feel about seeing yourself in pictures and wishing you could photoshop yourself out! I, too, need to loose 30 lbs. My body is so totally out of whack after having two babies within 15 months of each other. I have decided that I am not going to even try to loose anything until I quit nursing Mason though. I get frustrated and know that when I quit that it will come off easier.

My only advise is...everything in moderation...lots of water and even more patience. I will be eating those words come December!

GOOD LUCK!!!

Webster Family said...

Hi Rach,
I myself have done that song and game a lot. My suggestions are lots of fruits and vegies. Eat 5 small means a day and watch the fat to toal calories ratio. I always make sure the the fat calories are less thab 20% of the total calores. Another great idea is keeping a food journal. That way you can monitor what goes in and what you burn.

Most of all find something you really enjoy doing to burn the calories. Last summer I did a lot of running. And that can get old! This year I've been doing group exercise classes and I love them. It's great for making friends too!

Webster Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jodi said...

Before I went over to Europe with Casey last year I blogged my weight loss daily up or down. I wanted to lose 5-10 pounds to fit into a pair of pants while we were there. Public Humiliation worked for me, so did running non-stop around Europe. When I got home I was up to 12 pounds lost. It is all back but now we are going on a cruise so I guess I need to start again. This time I would like to lose 20-30 pounds too!