Saturday, May 3, 2008

Little Pig, Little Pig Let Me In!




The kids love playing Three Little Pigs in their Ikea tent. They hide inside and I come along as the Big Bad Wolf. We do the whole script:

"Little Pig, Little Pig Let me in!"

"Not by the hair of my chinny, chin, chin."

"Then I'll Huff and I'll Puff and I'll blow your house in!"

Then I shake the tent until Corban opens the door laughing. Then we take turns being the wolf. They will play over and over and over and over!

Isabelle and Corban love to be outside and often throw fits as I drag them inside at the end of the afternoon! Isabelle loves her independence and is more steady every day! She loves to follow the kids around the neighborhood! It is fun to watch the kids play with the neighbor kids- even though they are much younger than most of them. They are trying to be social already. :) I think we are going to have to invest in some outdoor play equipment. Corban is always sneaking across the street to the neighbor's swings. He needs something he can swing on, climb all over and/or slide down. Any suggestions? We can't spend a lot- but he needs something so I don't have to chase him down the road. He is so fast!

(Corban helped take this picture!)


I am so grateful for my family! I am so lucky that I get to be home all day. It is work. Somedays are easier than others. But I would not trade it for the world. I love moments when my kids want to just sit on my lap and cuddle, or when they hand me a book, or run up and give me a hug or a kiss! They can be so sweet and so crazy! I am so blessed!

5 comments:

Phil & Misty said...

Rachael!! I found the perfect solution for Corban! When we moved into our house, the lovely people before us left us a transmission and rebar in our garage!

The Transmission is sadly gone, but I still have the rebar. : ) If you want it, come and grab it! You can fashion it into some type of jungle gym!!

(Totally Kidding...)

Gordon E. said...

Rachy and Dave,
Beatiful kids. The photo's in the test are great. I remember how much you loved making tents over chairs with yor sisters. Lovely to be a mother, nothing like it.
Mom

Michelle Cox said...

What cute photos! Look at all those blue eyes! I miss you guys! Someday we'll get all our kids together and have a fun time!

Lindseylou said...

What a beautiful family you have! I'm glad you found me and even happier that all is well for you. Tell your husband hi - I remember him from way way back when. Your daughter is so beautiful - they both have your gorgeous blue eyes!

Connie said...

If I had my choice, I would want to be the wolf unless of course, I was at the brick house. I don't like boiling water. Looks like a fun activity.