Friday, May 30, 2008

Happy (early) Anniversary!



Last weekend Dave and I had the opportunity to rendezvous in St George without children! David's parents, "bless their hearts," (Connie, I thought you would enjoy that expression) watched the kids. Thank you, thank you, thank you. We have our five year anniversary coming up in a week and we didn't think we would get another chance to get away, so we escaped for the weekend. The weather was wonderful!

It was strange to be able to come and go from our hotel with such ease- no diaper bags, car seats, crying, etc. Ok, maybe there was a little crying, but overall I was almost giddy the first day. I kept telling Dave that we didn't have our children with us, which obviously he knew, but I was just . . . I don't know, It was nice to spend a few days together. We had a great time- it has been ages since we have even gone on a "date"- so we were interested to see if we could get along the 3 days. Amazingly enough, we survived without a tiff. We were able to sit, and even listen mind you, through all of church.

We visited the church history sites. In the visitor's center they have a collection of sculptures by Angela Johnson. Her story of how she came to sculpt is interesting. We toured Brigham Young's winter home, and guess who gave us the tour . . . no guesses? Mr Siddoway from Roy Jr High.

Then at the Jacob Hamblin home our tour guide was one my uncle Jeff's teachers at Clearfield High. We also visited the Mountain Meadow Massacre site which has been getting more attention this year. Brother Siddoway said the church is coming out with a book soon about the events. It was a solemn place.

We ate out a few meals (some good, some not so good), relaxed by the pool, and even went to see the new Indiana Jones movie. The weekend raced by and soon it was time for the drive home. I wanted to go see my family (Paul & Janet and the girls) but we ran out of time. :(

On the drive home we stopped for lunch in Beaver to see Grandma and Grandpa Langston. It was fun to visit. I loved walking around the house when we got home and having Corban yell "mommy!" but then he wouldn't hug me. Adalyn did. :) We missed the kids, but are glad we had a little alone time.

Thank you so much for taking me Dave! I love you!






























6 comments:

Becca said...

How exciting! I had no idea you went out of town for 3 days. Mom said you went overnight somewhere. That sounds like a dream weekend.

Isabelle looks so big! I wish I could talk to her in person. 3 weeks to go until we're in Utah!

THE BADGERS said...

What a sweet husband...(and parent-in-laws)...you have. It looks like you had a nice trip. It is good to get away and "recharge" every once in a while. I'm glad you had a good time.

Lindseylou said...

Happy anniversary! The St George temple has always been my very favorite!

Amanda Fullerton said...

Happy (early) Anniversary! Looks like a fun trip. I'm glad you enjoyed your time alone.

Lindsay said...

I am happy that you got a chance to get away. Jeff and I toured some of those same sites in March. Although, I didn't get a tour by Mr. Siddoway though. :(

Michelle Cox said...

That is so awesome! I'm so glad you guys had such a good time together! I'm impressed, I don't think Neal and I have been gone overnight without kids EVER. That's the hard part of living far from family! But, I'm all about couples and individuals having time without kids here and there. As much as we love them, we need time to regroup!!!

Happy 5th Anniversary!