Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Apple

Isabelle is so DANG cute! She is a parrot lately, mimicking so many words. Last week I taught her how to sign apple, and today while I was making lunch she looked up from her high chair and said apple and signed it! Her finger was pointed instead of bent so it looked like she was signing candy, but I don't care. It was so exciting to see that she wants to communicate and she is trying. Man, I love my kids.

Dave sneezed during breakfast and Izzy said "A-Choo" back to him.
She signs and says milk.
She signs "more" all the time- and she has started using it for more than food requests. :)
She signs and says cheese. While I was taking her picture a few days ago I kept saying "cheese" and she kept repeating it. Oh, it was so cute.
Everyday she says something new.

It is so fun to watch my kids reach new milestones. It is strange how it feels like yesterday that I was kid-less and at the same time I feel like I have been a mom forever. I am so grateful that we have the blessing and knowledge that we will be a family forever. I am so grateful for my family and how much I have learned the past 5 years. I pray I am teaching my children well and showing them the love and discipline they need. Parenting is such a hard job
(So all you parents out there Good Job! GREAT JOB! We don't always hear it but someone needs to say it.) We all have our good and bad days. There are days when I feel failure and there are days when I'm sure I am "the best mom ever." It is amazing the range of emotions you feel as a parent: proud, scared, happy, loving, frustrated, disappointed, content, blissful, worried, etc. I am so grateful for my parents- it is only after having children that I realize how much they did for me. I love you Mom and Dad! Thank you.

8 comments:

The Buxtons said...

Rachael, she is so cute! She has got to be about the same age as my Halle. What month was she born?

Sign language? Wow, do you know it yourself or are you using Baby Einstein? I would love to teach my kids that!

Marianne said...

Hey! It's so good to hear from you! Your family is so cute. I'm a bit of a Jane Austen fan. My favorite is definitely Pride & Prejudice, although I haven't read all her books. I've only read that one, Emma and Sense & Sensibility. I'll have to give the others a try.

April said...

it was so good to hear from you i am doing good. i haven't talked to you in a long time. how are you?
your kids are so cute
keep in touch love ya APRIL

Lindsay said...

Isabelle is such a doll. It is so cute to see her communicate with those cubby hands.

You are such a good mother. You are a good example to me.

Gordon E. said...

Rachael, I love the photographs. You are correct, parenting is difficult. You are a beautiful mother. Love you lots, Mom

Webster Family said...

Rachael, Hi it's Tiffani (Dye) Webster. Your kids are adorable. It looks like you have a wonderful family. It's good to see what you are up to.

Jeppson Family said...

HI Rachael! Im so glad you found me! Your family is so cute and your kids are adorable!! I bet your such an awesome and fun mommy.

Amanda Fullerton said...

How cute! I think little kids communicating with their hands as well as verbalising is so adorable.

Your kids are so cute!

Your last paragraph is so true. The roller coaster of emotions is fun sometimes, but others it can be totally draining.