Tuesday, April 8, 2008

This Girl was Made for Walking

Yesterday we had another freak snow storm- there is still a thin layer on the ground today. We were headed to the library and suddenly it was a blizzard. It was coming down so hard I decided to ditch the stroller (it would be covered by the time I unfolded it.) We hurried across the car lot and through the doors. Without the stroller Isabelle insisted on walking. Then I had to insist on carrying her to the car.

It is so fun to watch Izzy show off her walking skills every chance she gets. She is more ambitious about walking than ever. She falls and stumbles but pushes herself up again and again. I wish I could bottle up that persistence. Kids are wonderful. She walks around the corner bringing her toothy grin. I can't help but smile.
video

Isabelle would not leave Corban's bag alone today, so I put it on her small little body. The problem came when I thought to take it off. She was upset and cried until the bag was in her possession again. She carried (dragged) it down the stairs and took it to the play room. Once she sets her mind on something she persists until it is her own . . . or until something better comes along. She is growing so fast- walking, mimicking, and even trying to sing. We love her so much.

7 comments:

Becca said...

She is a cutie, who does resemble Alayna, as you said, at times. I wish I could be there to babysit her for you (yes, I would watch Corban too)!

Lindsay said...

She is a doll. She is so smiley! I could learn a lesson or two from her too!

Gordon E. said...

She is the cutest walker ever. I love it when their arms are in the air, and the are so toddling back and forth. That certainly is a big bookbag. How did Corban feel about it?

Phil and Misty Burnett said...

I love her little waddle that she has down. Misty is starting to walk like that too! : )

Julie said...

Looks like she is a lot of fun! you have such a cute family!! I love the backpack picture!! I see so much of YOU in her!!

Busty LaRue said...

Rach! I found your blog, thanks to a little help from google! I can't believe how much bigger Isabelle has gotten in the last month! We are living in Provo now, so we should get together sometime maybe once it starts being warmer consistantly.

Laura said...

Rachael,
I found your blog from your facebook page. You have such a cute little family. Looks like you are doing well. Just wanted to drop in and say Hi and let you know I'm checking in on you.
Laura Bybee Hoover