Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Corban! (tomorrow)

I can hardly believe it- But it was three years ago today that I drove the 20 miles to Orem Community Hospital after my phone call to the nurse- "uh, I think my water broke, but I am not sure, uh, . . ."

She kindly responded, "Congratulations, come on in."

I still wasn't completely convinced, but I got in my car.

That was at 9AM, 16 hours later (3/19/05 @1:18AM) our little nameless bundle entered the room. A day later we filled out the paperwork (so we could leave the hospital)-
Corban David Langston. I perfect present for Dave whose birthday is March 20.

He is such a cutie!




















(The day he was born and three months old. )


_________________________________________________________________




Can you believe this is the same kid? He is growing too fast. (and, yes, he is standing on his leg, formally known as broken.) He still limps about when he is in a hurry, but he is out of the splint and no longer requires visits to the doctor. Thanks everyone for all your concern and love during the last month.


I am so lucky to have such great kids. Almost daily he does or says something that surprises me. My favorite is Okey Dokey- which sounds like "so-key, so-key!"

He is fully of imagination and love. Sometimes he surprises me when he comes up and grabs my face then gives me a hug and says "bank you mom." He can be so sweet- when he wants to. :)



----------------------------WE LOVE YOU CORBAN!----------------------------------

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

What a cutie! I remember getting the call you were in labor as I was riding a WSU back from New Mexico. It is hard to believe that was 3 years ago!

Happy Birthday Corban!

Becca said...

That post was a beautiful, motherly tribute. I love how you know exactly how he talks. You are so good at impersonating him. I feel like I can hear him talking "okey dokey." That's hilarious!