Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Up, Up, and AWAY!

video

Yesterday, I was checking on dinner upstairs then proceed to go downstairs until a tiny blue eyed beauty stopped me in my tracks. She was sitting by the front door. This is alarming because we live in a split level entry house- she had scaled the bottom half and was smiling up at me before she made a start up the rest of the stairs. She is a quick little climber (as you can see). The video is her 4th time up the stairs. She sure caught on fast! Now I have to shut the door if we are in the basement (for safety sake) and she cries and arches her back to tell me what a rude gesture this is toward her. She would climb them all day if you let her- today I put her back at the bottom 3 times consecutively and she just climbed to the top each time with a huge smile of satisfaction on her face!

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

She did learn very fast.

How rude of you to close the door! You are ruining her fun.

Becca said...

Now, how is she at going down the stairs? Alayna used to go head first. Carter, however, did it correctly and went backward from the beginning.

Rachy Maree said...

No down travel yet, unless falling down the stairs counts- One time about 2 weeks ago but not again. She is timid about going down.

Julie said...

That is so cute Rachael! She is such a sweetie! I remember when Cameron learned how to go up and down stairs. I swear it happened over night! He loves stairs to this day! What an accomplisment though!!

Phil and Misty Burnett said...

WAY TO GO LITTLE LANGSTON!!

Rachy, That is so cute. I can't wait to have experiences like that with my own kids!

Gordon E. said...

Okay, I watched the video about 9 time. Cute, cute, cute. I am so proud of the princess. Love, the grandma.

linda trip said...

Can she go down the stairs backwards and upside down? Or is that only Corban?