Sunday, January 27, 2008

Our Sweet Prophet




SALT LAKE CITY 27 January 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley, who led The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints through twelve years of global expansion, has died at the age of 97.
President Hinckley was the 15th president in the 177-year history of the Church and had served as its president since 12 March 1995. The Church president died at his apartment in downtown Salt Lake City at 7:00 p.m. Sunday night from causes incident to age. Members of his family were at his bedside. A successor is not expected to be formally chosen by the Church’s Quorum of the Twelve Apostles until after President Hinckley’s funeral within the next few days.
How happy he must be with his wife. He was so amazing. He was so influencial to me, to all of us. We "grew up" with him at our side. I am so grateful for his guidance and love. He showed so much love to the world. He lead the building and dedicating of so many temples. Just looking at his face brings a smile to mine. How blessed we were to have him as our Prophet. It is hard to express in words how important he has been in my life- I love that man! May we all remember all he had done for us. Nothing I say will do justice, I am just so very grateful for him. He helped solidify my testimony of the saviour, I will always remember him as "my" prophet.

2 comments:

Gordon E. said...

I am grateful that my daughter feels the same way I do about a Prophet of God.

Love,
Dad

Becca said...

Isn't great that we can all know his is at peace with his wife now. We are blessed to know His plan and it makes death easier to swallow. He was a one of a kind man of God.