Friday, September 28, 2007

Bridal Veil Falls







Yesterday we went on a little field trip. Just a few miles up Provo Canyon is a paved trail to the bottom of Bridal Veil Falls. I got out the stroller and brought along PB & J sandwiches for our mini adventure.








The way to the falls was smooth and Corban stayed in his seat the entire way. When we first met the water Corban was timid. . . but still wanted his shoes and socks to come off. I am not sure if he would have so readily agreed if the other kids were not there.
Once he got use to the icy temperature of the water I had to follow close (with Isabelle in tow) to prevent any mishaps. For who can stop the mischevious ways of a fearless child?




He was all over. He loved being in the water and seeing others playing. It was pretty fun.

When I had my fill it was totally different game to get back to the car. He was focused on the water. He says it so cute I wish you could hear. He was always testing the boundries, walking just far enough ahead or to the side and then pausing-waiting for me to correct his ways. Kids are smarter than we give them credit for.


So Isabelle back in the stroller and Corban not minding very well. . . Nothing like calling a child's name 20 times in 30 seconds to get his attention. Right? Ever attentive the the call of mommy. Don't we all wish?
He really was good, just wanting to discover everything and never wanting to go home.


We had a lot of fun and Corban definitely wants to return. I would call that a success!

4 comments:

Becca said...

Rachy, did you give in and buy a new camera? Those pictures are pretty great. Were you babysitting other kids? I hope you weren't the only adult, for that would be a very ambitious trip with Corban, in the wild, and no one else to keep him in line! What a good Mom you are!

Michelle Cox said...

Did you go with them by yourself? I'd say that was a success for you, too. It took a little while for me to feel confident taking them on bigger outings by myself, but it's do-able. I have a double stroller that has sure come in handy many times!

Lindsay said...

What a fun field trip! The kids look like they had such a fun time!

Rachy Maree said...

Yes I was by myself- but I did have Corban and Isabelle to keep me company.